Gir Jungle Trail
Are you an animal lover who always wanted to explore different species in a single forest? If yes, then we have found the perfect spot for you "Gir Jungle Trail".
SasanGir is widely known as Gir National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary and is located in Gujarat. The forest is scattered around 1.412 km² area. So you can enjoy your whole day with Almost 600 Asiatic lion, 300 types of birds and 24 different types of reptile species along with 30 different types of mammals.
If you want an unforgettable experience and a wonderful trail ride then you must visit SasanGir once in your lifetime.
Facts about SasanGir Safari
SasanGir Safari is one of the rarest Sanctuary where you'll be able to see the lions and other species of animals migrate freely from one place to another. For you to have a look at this wonderful view SasanGir has arranged open jeeps for visitors which is operated by a professional. Jeep Safari is the only way of exploring gir jungle trail. There are no other rides allowed in this sanctuary, like horse ride, camel ride or elephant ride.
How to Book a Ride at SasanGir National Park Online?
Details of Gir Safari online booking:
To explore all that is written up you need to make a booking first as there are many visitors in this area you can't get a ticket when you reach there immediately. So it's safe to book it in advance, now let's see how you can make the online booking in just a few seconds.
Just log on: https://www.girlion.in/gir-jungle-trial and then follow the procedure:
- The full name of each candidate.
- Select preferred date and safari time (morning or afternoon).
- I'd proof: Passport / Aadhaar Card / Voter ID Card.
- Carrying ID proof at safari time.
Now if you cancel your trip then here we have also mentioned there refund policy
- Before 10 Days (75%)
- Before 5 Days (50%),
- Before 2 Days (25%),
- If Less than 2 Days (0%).
Bookings are non-transferable. Reserved seats can't be resold/exchanged with any other candidate.
Gir National Park Entry Fees
The Gir National Park entry fee is mentioned below:
- If you are a resident of India then the entry fee upto 6 person is Rs.800-1000. Extra Child Fee is Rs. 100 for normal days and Rs. 125 for festival/Saturday/Sunday
- If you are not a resident of India and belong to some other country then the entry fee upto 6 person for normal days is Rs. 5600 – 7000. Extra Child Fee is Rs. 1400 for normal days and Rs. 1750 for festival/Saturday/Sunday.
- The above rates are symbolic and the actual cost may differ at the time of booking.
Charges for Other Services
- The vehicle fee at Gir Jungle Trail is Rs.1700 per jeep.
- If you want to have a professional photo then the charges per Camera are Rs.200 for Indian and Rs. 1400 for Foreigner.
- If you are opting for a guide who will provide you all the information about every single species then they charge Rs.400-700.
So, For Gir Jungle Trail (the core area of Gir National Park) Gypsy Safari, Keeping All the Expenses in Mind Which Includes Jeep & Driver Charges, Pick and Drop Facility from Gir reception, (Camera Charges are payable at the time of safari) , Payment Getaway Charges, GST and Other Services It Is Concluded That
- Up to 6 persons - Rs.3800 - 4800 (Indian resident)
- Up to 6 persons - Rs.14500 – 17500 (Foreign resident).
Best Time to Visit Gir Jungle Trail.
- The best time to visit this place to have an unforgettable experience is from December to March.
- The forest opening and closing time in the morning is from 6.45 am - 9.45 am and also from 8.30 am - 11.30 am.
- The forest opening and closing time in the evening is from 3.00 pm - 6.00 pm.
- The forest is open from Monday to Sunday.
When is Gir National Park Closed?
The National Gir Park is kept close from mid of June to 15 October every year due to heavy rainy season. While all the other months of the year it is open. So you can visit anytime you want except these months.
Attractions near SasanGir National Park
- Gir Jungle Trail
The paradise for animal lovers where you can find different types of species which you wouldn't have seen before. It is located in Gujarat and famous for the Asiatic lion. So one must visit this place to have an unforgettable experience.
- Devalia Safari Park
It is a part of SasanGir Nation Park but a little segregated from it. It enables tourists who are unable to make it to SasanGir National Park. It is located in Gujarat.
- Zamzir Waterfall
It is located in Gujarat at Hiran River and is active all along the year. It is a beautiful view to look at this Waterfall. Many tourists also treat themselves near this Waterfall by playing and bathing around it. One must visit it if you visiting SasanGir National Park.
Where to Eat at Gir National Park?
From the world-famous thepla to dhokla. Gujarat serves the most delicious food all over India and you surely won't want to miss that if you are in Gir National Park. There is plenty of option available nearby to treat yourself after the incredible Jeep Safari. So let's see what all you can have near Gir National Park
- Red pepper
- Tea Post
- Lords Banquet Restaurant
- Hotel Nyari Palace
These are some of the amazing restaurant and hotels which serves the best of Gujarati food around Gir National Park.
Where to Shop AtGir National Park?
Of course, you would like to take memory away from this place other than selfies. So we're have noted down a couple of cool stuff which you can buy from the nearby markets and malls.Bangdi Bazar
One of the famous market in Gujarat which is famous for bangles. They have a really wide variety of bangles and every kind is present here. So, if you are a girl then you should buy at least one set.Gujari Bazar
It is located nearby and the specialty of this market is that you can get everything from food to clothes and even gadgets also. The most famous item they sell is Bandhani Saree and dupatta. So, be ready to get the traditional look from here.Gundawadi
The market for budget shoppers is also on our list. There is no branded shop here but you still can expect a really good variety and product here. Most often this place has a wide variety of traditional dress material. So if you are looking for a lehenga choli then it is a must-visit place for you.
Gir jungle Animals
REACHING GIR JUNGLE SAFARI PARK
By transportation :- Gir national park is well connected with all three modes of transportation. So reaching here is not a very troublesome task.
By road :- By Road route, the national park is 56 km from Junagadh city and 13 km from SasanGir.
By rail :- By rail route, the tourist can reach Junagadh through Rajkot or Ahmedabad. And then can take a road trip or local train from Junagadh to SasanGir village.
By Air :- A person can come by flight route up to Rajkot or Ahmedabad. And from there, the tourist can easily get a cab till this place.